Thursday, June 01, 2006

Six? Only Six?

So Kristy has tagged me with a meme that involves me coughing up six strange facts about myself. Hmmm. Part of me is tempted to kick this over to the commenters who know me and see how they do. But who am I kidding? Y'all are gonna chime in anyway.

1. I have a freakish memory. I can remember in minute detail conversations and events that took place years ago, and they play themselves in my mind like video. I can remember where they took place, what people were wearing, what was said. This drives people crazy, especially my husband, who feels himself at a distinct disadvantage in this respect. It does tend to come in handy in my legal career though.

2. I can rotate my arms almost 360 degrees. Most people find this disgusting. So of course it's fun to do it as often as possible.

3. Something about me, and I have not figured out what it is yet, encourages people of sometimes very short acquaintance to spill their guts to me. I don't know what makes people share with me some of their most intimate secrets, but it happens. My boss at the firm got me a button that said, "Do I look like Dear Abby to you?" I suspect he was just tired of coming into my office to find me counseling other attorneys instead of working.

4. I rarely burp. I try, but just can't make it happen. About once every six months or so a tiny one will pop out and it will be a big event for me. "Hey! I burped!" I'll say. "Congratulations," Mr. T will say in a dry tone.

5. I love the smell of wine, but not the taste. I know, that's a little weak, but I'm starting to realize I'm rather boring, and not all that strange.

6. I used to own a hedgehog named Oscar. I know, that's really reaching for strange, isn't it?