Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Heart Jon Tester

I had my fingers crossed, and it happened. Jon Tester won in Montana's Democratic primary today. In the fall he'll face Conrad Burns in the 2006 race for one of Montana's U.S. Senate seats. I had noticed a number of Tester yard signs in our fair corner of northwest Montana during my visit this weekend (though Morrison did win the county), and was eager to hear the results of the primary.

Jon Tester is a farmer from Big Sandy, Montana, and his victory pokes a finger in the eye of the Democrat establishment. And let's face it, the Democratic leadership needs a few fingers right now, if you know what I mean.

Of course, it may only be a matter of time before the putative Senator Tester becomes establishment himself (see Obama, Barack), but for now I shall rejoice.