Thursday, April 20, 2006

"Like Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive"

Thus sayeth Trailhead in her most recent e-mail. Following an absoutely hilarious reconstruction of a conversation between Trailhead and Bladerunner about Trailhead's condition (which I will allow TH to share if and only if she decides**), TH provided the following encouraging close:

Anyway, the timing of this little plague was actually pretty good. It hit right when we arrived in Yangjiang, and I'm much better this morning. This is a darn good thing, because we're leaving in an hour to drive to Guangzhou and catch a flight to Nanjing, which I'm told was the seat of the Ming dynasty.


This e-mail is from today, though I received it yesterday. Wrap your mind around that one!!

**Okay, I will share this snippet from TH's email: "Diarrhea? Please. I aspired to diarrhea last night. I prayed for diarrhea. When it finally arrived, I threw diarrhea a goddamn ticker tape parade, because diarrhea is like winning the fucking Powerball compared to throwing up god knows what in a hotel room in South China every twenty minutes until there is nothing left to throw up anymore."