Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Funky Computers and Funky Food

Alas, dear friends, I have received word from TH that all has not gone according to plan in China. Bladerunner's computer is refusing to allow her to upload any photos. So, I have none to post. Add to that this recent correspondence from TH:

I have spent the last 24 hours in my hotel room in Yangjiang throwing up something I ate at some point, along with all the stomach lining I've built up over the last 35 years. I would be tempted to blame the seafood in Zhu Hai except that it was extremely, uh, fresh. In the last 30 hours I have eaten a single piece of bread, some orange juice, and two bites of a croissant. What a diet plan. This also means that I missed the opportunity that was offered to me to go into the countryside and meet and photograph a typical farm family and their rice paddies (which are a lovely green). I would have loved to, but vomiting on unsuspecting people is not the best way to represent the West, eh?

Fate, cut the kid a break for goodness sake!