Saturday, February 18, 2006

Well Here's a Week We Can Flush Down the Can

Parenthood changed a lot of things for me, but one of those things came into sharp relief this week: the under-5 set, at least the ones who go to preschool or daycare, really are just spectacularly active little petri dishes. Their sweet little bodies cultivate any number of pathogens, some of which make them mildly ill, but subsequently knock out their hapless parents for an entire week.

Before TK was born, or when we still had a full-time nanny, sickness in the Trailhead house was not common. Then we sent our little Typhoid Mary to preschool and all of sudden I'm on my butt one week out of four in the winter.

But anyway. The voice is back, if only a croak, but at least I'm no longer whispering. I'm still hacking up bits of lung into my coffee, but hey. You can't have it all.

It's sunny today and I have cabin fever so we're going to Mt. Rainier. Pics later.