Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Intermission II

Up in this high air you breathed easily, drawing in a vital assurance and lightness of heart. In the highlands you woke up in the morning and thought: Here I am, where I ought to be. --Isak Dinesen, Out of Africa
It's autumn again, and that always seems to mean international travel season. Rose has been on a tour of Europe, Wasteland's leaving for India tomorrow, and commenter ASP is leaving tomorrow as well, heading to Tanzania. Fall always seems to move people to travel beyond their own borders. Indeed, it was two years ago today that I was preparing to leave Spain after 8 days of exploring Madrid and Toledo. And even today, I look out the window and think, "Maybe I should go to Chile." Must be the cheap airfare.

But I won't be traveling internationally this fall, as I've allocated my resources elsewhere for the moment. Mr. T and I have purchased the beloved Montana house. His parents wanted to sell it, and we wanted to buy it. And so the place I was so sad to think was going away is now ours. We're not moving there full-time, (yet!) but we will be spending even more time there from now on.

It's a good, good place.




Deer in the corral at the house

You can see the rest of my images from the surrounding area here. (At least till I take down THI, which will probably happen pretty soon.)