Monday, October 23, 2006

Home . . . and a Confession

Posted by Wasteland Fan

I'm home from India feeling irretrievably jet lagged. WS and I went to "The Producers" last night and I all but slept through the second act. Then, when I got home and tried to go to bed, I was wide awake until 2:30 a.m.

Now for the confession: Though it was entertaining to cause Mr. T to freak and to get the adoration of all you snake fans, I must admit that the Charming picture was snapped from the safety of a motor coach. Not that I would have been afraid to approach the snake charmer, I woudln't have been. But the picture gives the impression of a daring that I cannot claim in this particular instance.

You know how you learn something every time you travel? Well, put this one in the "now you know" file: In order to re-enter the U.S. after travelling abroad, foreign students in the U.S. on student visas must take not only their native passports and the student visa, but also a little form called an I-20. Immigration officials get very testy when, say, a student from South Korea visits India and forgets to bring along his or her I-20. It can result in threats to detain the student in India, delayed flights, nearly missed connections in Frankfort, and a lot of angst for both student and faculty chaperones.