Friday, September 16, 2005

Wanted: Two Cents

I want to take a poll.

I was reading to TK this evening before bed, and I realized that he has some books I really love. One of my all-time favorites is Bear Snores On, by Karma Wilson, about a hibernating bear who wakes up to a group of woodland animals partying down in his den. Then there’s What Makes a Rainbow? by Betty Ann Schwartz. In that book, brightly colored ribbons appear as you turn the page, and by the end there’s an entire rainbow.

I could go on forever, but I have to squeeze in How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight, a hilariously illustrated book, and Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type, a book written by lawyer Doreen Cronin about a group of cows that learn how to stick it to The Man. It’s sort of an early education in labor organizing.

So, parents and/or former kids – which kids’ books are (or were) your favorites?