Friday, September 23, 2005

Open Thread -- Hahahahahahahahahaha

Anyone who frequents the big political blogs like Eschaton or Daily Kos knows they employ a device called the “Open Thread.”  This means that the comments section for that particular post is open to any topic – hurricanes, Iraq, pork futures or navel lint.  You see, these guys have so many people thronging to their sites and eager to make comments on any conceivable topic, that they are forced to post open threads in order to maintain topical discipline on their other threads that are actually devoted to one issue or another.

I’ve often chuckled at the idea of posting an open thread here at Trailheadcase, with its seven or eight regular commenters.  Such an act seems the height of hubris and delusionality.  So I think I must do it.

As soon as I click “publish” on this post, I’m off to PDX airport and won’t be back online till sometime tonight.  And, believe it or not, it appears I have some readers beyond those who comment.  So, it’s your turn.  Amuse everyone.  If you haven’t commented here before, please do so – that way we can welcome you to the asylum.  

At least I know Bloggerdad will be able to find something to say.