Monday, September 12, 2005

Muse on a Stick

Here is what passes for intelligent conversation at Trailhead House:

Trailhead: I don’t know what to write about. I’ve been working all day and that dries up my blogging. What should I write about?

TS: Ummmm. How about how gift cards don’t always get used.

Trailhead: What?

TS: You know, how they’re a big way for retailers to get free money because they don’t always get used.

Trailhead: I’m not feeling the love on that one.

TS: Okay, how about the lifespan of a gas bubble?

Trailhead: An intestinal gas bubble?

TS: [Nods head.] Yeah, from start to finish.

Trailhead: So, from stomach to rectum?

TS: [Nods head again.] Or you could talk about how dogs eat their own—

Trailhead: No thank you, I’ve had enough of that for one day already.

TS: How about weird Southeast Asian food?

Trailhead: Why, because that’s all you’re going to have to eat in six weeks?

TS: [Makes disgusted face.] Ugh, yes. But this was even worse. There was a show on it last night. It was farther south, in Thailand or Vietnam or something. They had deep-fried bats. And deep-fried frogs. You know how you see people here walking around at the state fair with a stick of corn on the cob? Well, down there, people walk around the same way, except its deep-fried frog on a stick. And the grossest thing was the frog heart on a stick. It was still beating.

Trailhead: Please, please stop. For the love of God, stop. I’m a vegetarian.

TS: But I thought we were trying to get you some blogging ideas.

Trailhead: Oh, I’ve got something to blog about now.

TS: Glad I could help.