Sunday, September 18, 2005

No, I'm not Dead

Just tired. We had a great party tonight. For me, this meant prodigious quantities of TwoTone74's four-bean salad, chocolate cake and Trailhead Sister's bean dip (I only wish she'd been here to make it herself).

I have concluded that the only way to motivate Trailhead Spouse and myself to unpack and organize is to schedule a gathering. Once we realized we had five adults and seven kids coming to our place, we got off our collective butts and organized -- well, the downstairs, anyway.

No doubt nothing else will get done until the much anticipated arrival of Trailhead Mother-in-Law on September 30. (No, she's not the type to comment on any kind of mess. Fortunately, neither is my mother. It's only our own personal shame that drives us to clear a path for her to walk through.)

I'll be back to regular posting on Monday. I know you are all breathing a sigh of relief at that news. Otherwise, you would have to find some other website on which to cheat your employers out of their time.