Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'm back

I have returned from Indiana. I'm lucky I was able to fit into a commercial airline seat, and that my sister didn't have to roll me home. Indiana, you see, is where I go to eat the midwestern comfort food that eludes me most of the time. Only Full Moon knows how many fried biscuits coated with apple butter that I stuffed into the gaping maw that was my mouth on Sunday afternoon. (And she won't tell because I know lots of stuff about her, too.)

Problem is, I did admit to a number of people how much of my mother's spaghetti pie I ate. And my nine-year-old nephew watched in horror as I finished off my birthday cake on Sunday morning. The 1.5 mile hike I took in Brown County State Park on Sunday afternoon only began to make amends for my gluttonous behavior last week.

But I'm back in the land of fresh fish, apples and hazelnuts, not to mention mountains. And it's fall, and the weather is glorious, so I'll be putting on my hiking shoes soon.