Monday, March 20, 2006

More Meme Whoredom, Wherein My iPod Reveals Itself to be Eerily Possessed

Oh, this one’s irresistible. The Magic 8 Ball Music Meme: Use the shuffle function on your music player and see what you come up with in answer to the following questions. Here goes.

How does the world see you? The Painter, Neil Young.

Will I have a happy life? A Love that will Never Grow Old, Emmylou Harris. On cue now – “Awwwwwww.”

What do my friends really think of me? Help Me, Wynonna Judd. (Thanks a lot, guys.)

Do people secretly lust after me? What is Life, Shawn Mullins.

How can I make myself happy? A Lighthouse’s Tale, Nickel Creek. (Considering this is about the suicide of a heartbroken lighthouse keeper, perhaps I should re-evaluate this meme.)

What should I do with my life? I Am, Train. Heh.

Will I ever have children? (Or more, I guess?) I’ve Come to Expect it From You, George Strait. Who could that be?

What is some good advice for me? Am I the Only One, Dixie Chicks

How will I be remembered? Cuckoo’s Nest, Nickel Creek. This just keeps getting better and better.

What is my signature dancing song? Fortunate Son, Creedence Clearwater Revival

What do I think my current theme song is? Fat Bottomed Girls, Queen. I shit you not.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Be Free, Loggins & Messina

What song will play at my funeral? Brokeback Mountain, Gustavo Santaolalla. Really? Who knew?

What type of men do you like? Easy Come, Easy Go, George Strait. Okay, this is just getting weird.

What is my day going to be like? H.W.C., Liz Phair. Bladerunner should be happy to hear that.