Thursday, March 16, 2006

I Heart The Hill Country

Here is an article about Texas Hill Country, one of the best places left on this overpaved lump of rock. I spent four days photographing the area in mid-April of 2001. About this time of year, and continuing into mid-April, wildflowers start to pop out and swarm the landscape. And here's the thing: It's not like a few pansy-ass wildflowers here and there and then a bunch over there in the park. In a good year, they are freakin' everywhere. Our home base was in Fredericksburg, which has a lot of German food, including pastries, and is an altogether charming damn place. I highly recommend it.

Oh, and let's not forget to conduct the shameless whore of my image blog. Here are three of the wildflower shots I came home with. Some of you've seen the post already. Click on it anyway. It strokes my fragile ego.