Thursday, December 15, 2005

We Have No Bananas Today

I have had some interesting thoughts on a number of different issues this week, but none of them ever coalesced into a post. The execution of Tookie Williams and the discussion surrounding that event reminded me of what it’s like to get to know a death row inmate. I might get to that yet, but it won’t be today.

I also read an excellent post by Amanda Marcotte at Pandagon on tokenism. This insightful piece partially alleviated my continuing bafflement that the only real hostility I ever felt as a woman working at a large law firm was from female partners. And perhaps that will make it into a post yet as well.

It’s entirely possible that I need a good long walk in the woods, or to finish painting my bathroom, in order to allow these thoughts to develop. But I don’t think that will happen today.