Sunday, December 18, 2005

Finally

There is snow. It's kind of a blowy snow, and threatens at any moment to turn back into the freezing rain from which it sprung, but it's still snow. And it looks lovely against the enormous evergreen in my front yard.

For some reason, TK thinks the arrival of snow means that he may open his Christmas gifts. I hated to disabuse him of that pleasant notion, even though it's likely he just pulled that idea straight from his ass in the hope that we might buy it.

Last night found us freezing our tails off at ZooLights at the Oregon Zoo with our friends the A's and their daughters, the Double A's. I took a single snap from my digital point-and-shoot, because my fingers were too cold and spent most of the night stuffed in my pockets. (Papa A did a much better job, and whined less about it, too.)



This is the train we rode. TK was quite pumped up about that, as we recently saw the movie The Polar Express. He insisted that we were headed to the North Pole, despite all evidence that we were merely circumnavigating the Oregon Zoo. But hey, who am I to argue? And no, I don't know those people. They just happened to be between me and my subject.