Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rain, Rogue Waves and Gastrointestinal Disorders

I have concluded that getting Tom Delay indicted must have required a contribution of good karma from every left-leaning person in America. And apparently I didn't have much stored up. Because I am clean outta luck.

Here's a quiz. What do the following things have in common:

Rogue Lake Waves
Rain
Gastrointestinal Disorders

Yes, longtime readers, that is correct. Those are all things that have kept me out of the backcountry this year.

The never-sick, never-incapacitated TS is, at this moment, curled up in a ball on the hotel bed. I knew it was going to be rough last night when he said "Ugh. That pizza was awful."

And awful it has been. I have been trying to juggle sympathy and care with bone-crushing disappointment. Somehow I think we won't be making it to the trail today. Maybe tomorrow. Unless they indict Tom Delay again today.