Monday, August 29, 2005

Time-Waster(s) of the Day: Fun with Google

Mondays and Fridays require a little more in the way of loafing than the middle days, and so I’m posting two time-wasters today.  Actually, Wasteland Fan sent me two possibilities today, so even if it were Tuesday I would post them, and then make something up about how Tuesday requires more time-wasting than any other day.

Our first time-waster is something called Googlewhack.  In a nutshell, a googlewhack is a google search that returns only one result.  

How about “Trailheadcase”?  

But no, you say, a proper googlewhack requires two words.  Okay.  How about “Trailheadcase readership?”  Well, no, because that search would return nothing at all.

Fine.  I suck at googlewhacking.  But head on over there anyway, because there are some hilarious examples.

Our other time-waster is Guess-the-Google, where you are shown a collage of images and you have a short amount of time to guess the search that would have produced the images.  I had fun with this, but didn’t exactly place in the top scores.

But as a very wise woman once said to me, “Anything worth doing is worth doing badly.”