Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Nostalgia

Posted by Wasteland Fan

I am waxing a bit nostalgic this afternoon.

My relatively small, university-dominated town just got a new Qdoba Mexican Grill casual burrito restaurant (to join the relatively new, but already established, Moe's, Chipotle, and Bajio, as well as the old standby La Bamba, with the "burritos as big as your head"). In addition to being another data point in the burrito's slow but sure usurpation of the burger as fast food of choice, the Qdoba reminds me of the two-hour lunches TH and I used to take when we were both in law practice in Indianapolis. (Is two hours accurate, TH? I don't think they often approached the three-hour milestone, did they?)

I miss that.

P.S. We didn't always go to Qdoba. We also frequented the Nordstrom Cafe and a little Indian buffet called India Garden. Speaking of India Garden, if you get the chance, ask TH about her not-so-secret admirer.