Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why Didn't God Warn Us About Pat Robertson?

So Pat Robertson can read. Specifically, he was able to read all those articles that came out in the wake of the Asian tsunami observing that the coastal northwest is also particularly vulnerable to tsunamis.

Oh, I'm sorry. God told him, you say? So it's not a matter of common scientific knowledge coupled with, say, a November election?

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."
If he heard the Lord right. Which I don't think he did, because I'm pretty sure the Lord really told him to stop being such a fucking tool. Maybe it's just me, but I think the Lord can do a little bit better than telling us our coast is going to be lashed by storms...at the beginning of hurricane season. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

And of course, let's not forget that there "may well be something as bad as a tsunami." Or not, but considering that tsunamis occur here about every 300-500 years, and the last one was in 1700, maybe God thought it would be a safe bet to warn us.

What pisses me off more than anything is that there are people being manipulated by that old asshole.