Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What's this strange feeling?

Something's different here. Oh yeah....

EUPHORIA? ON THE SECOND WEDNESDAY MORNING IN NOVEMBER???

Friends, it's been eight years since I've felt this good the morning after a national election. And I tell ya what, I'm doing a happy dance over here, though it was a little belated till I could feel confident about my big political crush, Montanan Jon Tester.

Look at what we've accomplished:

  • South Dakota voters rejected a nasty, punitive abortion ban by 12 points.
  • Oregon and California defeated parental notification measures, both by 8 points.
  • Missouri's measure to allow stem cell research passed by two points.
  • Arizona's measure to ban gay marriage, while not finally called, is flagging by about 30,000 votes with 99% of precincts reporting.
  • Nancy Pelosi is poised to become the first female speaker.
  • A Democrat took Tom "I heart DDT and Jack Abramoff" Delay's House seat.

  • It's a good day. And shortly, we here at Trailheadcase will return to our regularly scheduled programming on the biology of turkey vultures.