Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Leave it to Montana (Updated again and again)

To be the last state to report. Yellowstone county is getting a recount, and word is, it won't be done till morning.

I'm going to bed.

Update: Crap. This sucks. Montana is starting to look a lot like Florida in 2000. Tester is ahead by a paper thin margin with 96% of precincts counted. People all over the world care about this. I'm getting hits from Finland, for crying out loud, from people googling "Yellowstone County."

Yellowstone county. Daily Kos has the best selection of information on this. I need to go back to bed for a few hours. I'm only up because TK wanted some water, and I'm such a geek I couldn't resist checking in.

Update Deux: With 99% of precincts reported, Tester has 1,586 1,735 vote lead, says CNN. I believe there's only a very small county left to tally along with a tiny portion of Yellowstone.

If the numbers I'm seeing are correct, the only county left is Meagher, which only has less than 1,500 electors. Burns would have to take every single vote to erase Tester's lead. People on Daily Kos are calling for Tester to declare victory. I suspect there will be recounts, but I'm inclined to agree with the clamoring masses here. Call it, Flat Top.